$3.99 Million Settlement Reached in Commercial Crash that Killed Wife
A $3.99 million settlement was reached in a commercial crash that killed a mother.
A young woman was driving to work when a commercial vehicle pulled out in front of her. There was no time to avoid the collision, and she died as a result of it. Her husband and child survived.
The commercial vehicle’s driver was charged with misdemeanor death by motor vehicle.
The parties conducted extensive pre-suit discovery, including the hiring of accident reconstruction experts. In addition, the estate hired an economist and a production company to conduct interviews with family members to demonstrate the impact of the deaths of the wife and mother.
There was $1 million in general business liability coverage and $3 million in excess policies available. The parties met for pre-suite mediation in 2023. Before the mediation, the insurance company offered its $1 million general business liability coverage as a condition precedent. The parties reached an agreement roughly 112 weeks following mediation for a total of $3,999,999.
Free Accident Claim ReviewComplete the form to have an attorney review your accident claim
- Bicycle Accident Victim Injured in Car Accident Settles for $237,000
- $2.325 Million Settlement Reached for Woman in Car Accident
- Schoolteacher Settles for $1,500,000 After Car Accident Injuries
- $1.2 Million Reached in Car Accident Settlement
- Lawsuit Settled for $3.1 Million Involving Teenagers Killed in Collision with Officer