NC DOT Collision Leads to $1.17 Million Settlement
A $1.17 million settlement was reached for a moped driver who was hit by a North Carolina Department of Transportation (NC DOT) vehicle that failed to yield.
On September 21, 2022, the victim was riding a moped in Johnston County when he was hit by a North Carolina Department of Transportation vehicle. The NC DOT vehicle did not yield.
The victim had a fractured jaw, femur, and hand, all of which required surgery. He also had a collapsed lung and a brain hemorrhage. He was hospitalized for a month for treatment and recovery from all of his ailments.
The driver of the NC DOT vehicle was ticketed for failing to yield.
The victim received a $1,178,000 settlement for medical bills.
Free Accident Claim ReviewComplete the form to have an attorney review your accident claim
- Bicycle Accident Victim Injured in Car Accident Settles for $237,000
- $2.325 Million Settlement Reached for Woman in Car Accident
- Schoolteacher Settles for $1,500,000 After Car Accident Injuries
- $1.2 Million Reached in Car Accident Settlement
- Lawsuit Settled for $3.1 Million Involving Teenagers Killed in Collision with Officer