$36 Million Awarded to a New Mexico Family in Fatal Collision
A Santa Fe jury awards $36 million to a Valencia County family who filed a lawsuit against an insurance company following a horrific head-on collision in 2017. A woman was killed in the collision, and her 4-year-old nephew was injured.
Jurors determined that the woman killed in the collision had purchased a $1 million State Farm insurance policy less than a week before the crash, according to court records. The jury awarded the family $12 million in damages, plus $24 million in bad faith and breach-of-contract damages.
The $36 million award includes a $20 million punitive damage award against State Farm Automobile Insurance, according to the verdict form.
Free Accident Claim ReviewComplete the form to have an attorney review your accident claim
- Bicycle Accident Victim Injured in Car Accident Settles for $237,000
- $2.325 Million Settlement Reached for Woman in Car Accident
- Schoolteacher Settles for $1,500,000 After Car Accident Injuries
- $1.2 Million Reached in Car Accident Settlement
- Lawsuit Settled for $3.1 Million Involving Teenagers Killed in Collision with Officer