St. Joseph County Settles $5 Million Lawsuit with Family in Deadly Pond Crash
The family of two young children, who died in a car accident after their car slid into a pond in 2019, received a $5 million settlement.
The settlement for the Kleven family was approved by the St. Joseph County Commissioners. They filed a federal complaint, alleging negligence in the handling of the situation by county dispatchers.
Brook Kleven’s car slid off an icy road on Mishawaka’s University Drive and into a retention pond. Three 911 dispatchers resigned after the crash.
The family is still suing Mishawaka and the owner of the shopping complex where the tension pond is located.
Free Accident Claim ReviewComplete the form to have an attorney review your accident claim
- Bicycle Accident Victim Injured in Car Accident Settles for $237,000
- $2.325 Million Settlement Reached for Woman in Car Accident
- Schoolteacher Settles for $1,500,000 After Car Accident Injuries
- $1.2 Million Reached in Car Accident Settlement
- Lawsuit Settled for $3.1 Million Involving Teenagers Killed in Collision with Officer