$1.15M Settled for Man in Rear-End Collision with Garbage Truck
A man who sustained a subdural hematoma in a rear-end collision with a garbage truck received a $1,150,000 settlement.
The plaintiff was driving east on Minnieville Lane, attempting to avoid the Canton Hill Road intersection. When a red traffic light turned green, the plaintiff began to move when it was rear-ended by a Mack garbage collection truck. The plaintiff was extricated from his vehicle and helicoptered to INOVA Fairfax Hospital.
He was initially diagnosed with a concussion and a fracture in his left arm. The CT head scans were normal. Weeks later, the plaintiff experienced severe dizziness and confusion. He was taken to Virginia Hospital Center, where a head CT scan revealed a subdural hematoma. He was later transferred to Georgetown University Hospital for a craniotomy.
The case was settled for $1,150,000.
Free Accident Claim ReviewComplete the form to have an attorney review your accident claim
- Bicycle Accident Victim Injured in Car Accident Settles for $237,000
- $2.325 Million Settlement Reached for Woman in Car Accident
- Schoolteacher Settles for $1,500,000 After Car Accident Injuries
- $1.2 Million Reached in Car Accident Settlement
- Lawsuit Settled for $3.1 Million Involving Teenagers Killed in Collision with Officer